Dell EMC is expanding its industry-leading midrange storage portfolio with two new SC All-Flash data storage arrays, along with key software updates to Dell EMC unity designed to boost efficiency and cost savings for mixed block and file workloads.
· Dell EMC expands its No. 1 market-leading midrange storage portfolio with new SC All-Flash appliances offering premium performance and data services to help accelerate data center modernization.
· Free software upgrades for Dell EMC Unity customers; includes inline data deduplication, synchronous file replication and ability to perform online “data-in-place” storage controller upgrades.
· New Future-Proof storage loyalty program offers midrange storage customers investment protection and multiple cost-saving benefits.
· As per IDC Q2 2017 report, Dell EMC leads the enterprise storage market in terms of TB shipment.
Additionally, Dell EMC is introducing its Future-Proof storage loyalty program. The new program offers the industry’s strongest three-year satisfaction guarantee along with customer benefits such as all-inclusive software, hardware investment protection, storage efficiency guarantees, worry-free data migrations and free virtustream storage cloud.
SC All-Flash delivers premium performance and enterprise-ready features
Optimized for All-Flash, the new Dell EMC SC All-Flash storage arrays offer premium performance and enterprise-ready features. SC All-Flash arrays are designed to help customers modernize their data centers to gain more speed, efficiency and cost-savings from existing applications. It is also designed to help customers open up possibilities for the business to support new flash-enabled use cases and workloads.
The Dell EMC SC5020F and Dell EMC SC7020F are offered as 3U appliances featuring dual active/active controllers with 8-core Intel Xeon processors and up to 256GB memory and multiprotocol support for 10GB iSCSI and 16/32GB FC network connections. The products also feature:
· All-Flash performance – Up to 399,000 IOPS per array and 3.9 million aggregate IOPS per multi-array federated cluster.
· Federated data mobility, scale and protection – Ships ready to link into federated multi-array clusters for easy, non-disruptive workload migration and load balancing; includes auto-failover feature for built-in business continuity.
· Self-optimizing efficiency – Intelligent data deduplication and compression, RAID tiering and pervasive thin provisioning help make cost savings automatic.
· All-inclusive software – Every advanced SC Series feature is included with no extra software licenses to purchase or maintain.
Dell EMC Unity gets efficiency boost to help lower storage costs
Designed for simplicity, All-Flash performance and unified SAN-NAS environments, Dell EMC Unity helps organizations speed deployment, streamline management and seamlessly tier storage to the cloud. The new Unity v4.3 OS provides several key updates including deduplication to help lower costs, along with new technologies to facilitate non-disruptive system upgrades and enable file synchronization. The new Dell EMC Unity v4.3 OS offers:
· Enhanced All-Flash efficiency with the addition of inline deduplication
· Synchronous file replication helps ensure zero data loss business continuity
· New capability enables online data-in-place storage controller upgrades
Redefined investment protection with the Future-Proof storage loyalty program
The new Dell EMC Future-Proof storage loyalty program offers customers guarantees and value through the lifetime of their arrays. Unlike other vendor programs that offer fewer benefits and short-term promises, the Future-Proof storage loyalty program provides robust guarantees, money-saving benefits and investment protection for new Dell EMC Unity and SC Series product purchases.
The Future-Proof storage loyalty program for Dell EMC Unity and SC Series includes:
· Three-year satisfaction guarantee – Dell EMC products will perform as advertised for customers, satisfaction guaranteed.
· 4:1 All-Flash storage efficiency guarantee – Offered without complex pre-assessments and restrictions.
· Never-worry data migrations – Customers can seamlessly upgrade to new Dell EMC storage with built-in data migrations that are always online and non-disruptive.
· Hardware investment protection – Customers get flexible credit towards storage controller upgrades or trade-in credit towards the purchase of any new product across the Dell EMC portfolio.
· All-inclusive software – Dell EMC midrange storage products ship with everything needed to store, manage and protect data with no extra licenses to purchase or maintain.
· Built-in virtustream storage cloud (for Dell EMC Unity only) – Customers can automatically tier files and storage snapshots to the cloud with no capacity costs for one year, up to the program allotment.
Customers purchasing new Dell EMC Unity or SC Series products, whether direct or through channel partners, and have a valid maintenance contract are eligible for the program at no additional cost.
“The enterprise storage market is showing robust growth in India, thereby making this segment one of the key priorities for Dell EMC Channel. The unified channel partner program allows all our partners to access the entire range of our products from the edge to core. Incentives like the Future-Proof Storage Loyalty program which entails a 3-year Satisfaction Guarantee delivers risk-free investment benefits to partners thereby providing them with the competitive edge to stay ahead of the curve.” said Anil Sethi, vice president, Channels, Dell EMC India
India is successfully progressing towards digital transformation. To keep up this change, enterprises need to upgrade their data centers to effectively use the massive amounts of data which is being generated. This presents an immense opportunity for Dell EMC to aid the customers in preparing them for their future. Continuing with our legacy of innovation, we’re delivering innovative features and performance in our new SC All-Flash portfolio to help them with data center modernization.” said Niladri Saha, general manager, Modern Infrastructure Team, Dell EMC
Flexible financing options and support services
Dell Financial Services (DFS) offers a variety of flexible consumption payment solutions that enable customers to acquire IT and plan for growth and future storage demands. Additionally, Dell EMC services provides customers with a complete portfolio of technology implementation and support services available, addressing diverse IT needs with choice, flexibility and scale.
SC All-Flash will be available in December. The new Unity OS v4.3 will be made available in January 2018 to Dell EMC Unity customers with a valid support contract. The Dell EMC Future-Proof storage loyalty program is available now with the purchase of any new SC Series or Dell EMC Unity data storage array directly through Dell EMC or any of its certified channel partners.
Hasan Barakat, director, Global IT Operations, Cell Signaling Technology says, “I’ve always trusted Dell EMC for their excellent products and customer service. Dell EMC has been my one-stop shop for our data center. Now with the addition of these great programs to support Dell EMC’s great products, why would I go anywhere else?”
Scott Sinclair, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group says, “Storage buyers are increasingly voting with their wallets in the direction of All-Flash arrays to help them modernize the data center for increased performance, efficiency and to drive IT cost-savings goals. Dell EMC is bringing this all together with products and programs that safeguard storage investments while introducing guarantees designed to instill another level of confidence with customers.”